Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Life


                                      Life

         If you died, I would cry for you.
         If you cried I would die for you.
         If you laughed I would laugh with you.
         If you leapt, I would leap with you.
         If you hurt, I’d console you.
         I put more faith in you than I do in myself.
         I trust you more.
         I love you more.
         You are my heart, my soul and my mind.
         When I drift to sleep you are right beside me, not in body but in spirit, I know because I     feel it.
         Though I adore you, you drove me insane.
         The thoughts in my mind consist of just pain.
         The feeling’s old fashioned, we call it compassion.
         Forgiveness.
         Strength.
         Power.
         Angst.
         You are the world, the color the light, but try and try and try as I might, I just will never win this fight.
         Like they said before, thousands of times, in many lyrics and many rhymes, your mind doesn’t matter, only your soul, these things I have neither, those words are so old.
         Though I can think does it make me sane? NO!
         Can a broken soul ever remain? NO! It cannot, not even the thought, but remains life healthy and strong forever, so long.

         Colin Edward Hall

4 comments:

  1. nice poem :)
    i like it. can i print your poem and paste it on my wall for inspiration? please! please! please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you can :) I am very flattered by your comments :) you can print anything you like off of here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay!! thanks so much mr. Hall :)

    ReplyDelete